”CNR” – IMAA Research Institute in Potenza
The comunication manager of the Institute of Methodologies for Environmental Analysis, Doctor Licia Fanti led the Comenius group in the assembly all to get the presentation of studying environmental and geophysical processes. In here two researchers alternated with the presentation of their works, the researcher Fabio Madonna, who presented his project :
CIAO CNR – IMAA : Atmospheric Observation, by Fabio Madonna and CIAO STAFF
The main fields of CIAO scientific mission are :
– Monitoring climate
– Monitoring Air quality
– Modelling evaluation
– Study of atmospheric processes
– Certification and test of commercial devices
CIAO STAFF carried out studies on Radiation – Atmosphere interactions.
monitoring ETNA eruption November 2002) and Ceilometers for aerosol profiling potential world.
To make a significant impact on students and to warm the atmosphere Fabio Madonna involved them in a scientific quiz that made the meeting more pleasant.
At 11:30 the partecipants had a break and subsequently the work continued with the introduction of Micro and Biominerals in Environmental and Human Health Issues focused on the micro minerals (including clay minerals) in environmental processes as well as their impact on human health, led by Claudia Belviso – researcher CNR-IMAA.
The researcher presented the following activities :
– Speciation of metals in the presence of clay minerals in contaminated areas;
– Experimental alteration of chrysolite and termolite, development of models for the assessment of asbestos risks;
– Mineralogical and chemical characterization of atmospheric particulate;
– Analysis of the mineralogical factors in land degradation phenomena ( erosion, salinisation, ladslides).
After the last presentation the participants were divided into two groups guided by the two researchers and visited the laboratories.